benefits of isong membership
ISONG offers members opportunities for education, leadership, exchange and socialization. Members receive the latest references on genetics including educational programs, job opportunities, e communications, membership directory, book discounts, program information and a discounted registration fee for the annual ISONG meeting and educational webinars. Also, ISONG members are eligible to apply for the annual research grant awards.
Membership Benefits Include:
- Opportunities for continuing education, mentoring, professional develpment and networking with genetic nursing colleagues from around the world
- Access to late-breaking genetics research, educational programs, job opportunities, and research grant applications
- Patient education tools, teaching resources, and webinars
- Access to members-only portal: opportunities for collaboration and member directory and profiles
- Reduced registration fee for the annual ISONG World Congress on Nursing and Genomics
- Incredible leadership opportunities including positions on the board of directors and committees and frequent collaborations with global professional, regulatory, policy, and government organizations
Support for (nursing) students at all levels across disciplines to engage
in genomic topics
Educational webinars are offered at a reduced rate with continuing education credits, the ease of programming at your convenience, and evidence for appraisals
Eligibility to apply for ISONG awards and grants
Who are the members of ISONG?
Any registered nurse who has an interest in genetics is welcome to become a member of ISONG. Our membership is diverse and reflects the broad needs of those who have genetic problems.
Current members are:
- Case managers
- Coordinators of public and private programs
- Educators in the field of nursing and/or genetics
- Genetic counselors
- (Nursing) Students
Contact the ISONG Global Membership Committee or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
ISONG Global Mission
ISONG is a global genetics nursing organization and our mission is to include information and resources on relevant genetic work being conducted worldwide in various countries and geographic areas.
As an ISONG member, you are encouraged to submit articles and any information concerning research being completed in your country. Please submit any articles and research text along with related links to the Global Membership Committee Co-chairs.
Holding membership in a global organization, such as ISONG, enhances the quality and breadth of networking and sharing of genetics research, education, and best practices. Visit the applicable country/regional pages for more information about connecting with ISONG members in your area of interest and explore the types of genetics studies, research, and related groups available to ISONG members.
We invite you to learn more about the ISONG Global Membership Committee and to contact the committee chairs with any questions or ideas you may have.
Developing Countries Membership Level
ISONG is committed to diversity and inclusion and now members can experience the benefits of ISONG membership for a reduced rate with our Developing Countries membership level.
Click here for more information and to join with our new Developing Countries Membership Level option.
ISONG currently has members in the following countries:
| China || Columbia|| Croatia|| Finland|
|| New Zealand
|| United Kingdom
|| United States