Welcome to ISONG
Explore our resources and knowledge of human genetics into your nursing practice, education and research activities. We offer accurate and current content on human genetics and genomics in addition to forums for professional networking and discussions.
We encourage unlimited reproduction for educational purposes with appropriate acknowledgement of the author and source. Unless otherwise indicated, all original documents in this site are copyrighted by ISONG.
The International Society of Nurses in Genetics, ISONG, is a global nursing specialty organization dedicated to genomic health care, education, research, and scholarship
The vision of ISONG is: Caring for people's genetic and genomic health throughout the lifespan and across the continuum of health and disease.
The mission of ISONG is to serve both the nursing profession and the public. ISONG fosters and advocates for the scientific and professional development of its members and the nursing community, in the discovery, interpretation, application, and management of genomic information, for the promotion of the public's health and wellbeing. ISONG advocates for public understanding of genomic health and use of genomic information.
The goals of ISONG are to:
1. Build and sustain a vibrant international community for the development of nurses in genetics and genomics in relation to education, research and professional practice that enhances social capital by:
- fostering effective communication and networking with nursing organizations and other genetics specialty groups;
- promoting interprofessional collaboration in the care of people, families, and communities at risk for genetic conditions;
- providing a forum for education and support for nurses providing genetic- and genomics-based healthcare.
2. Promote the integration of genetics and genomics across nursing education, research and care at all levels of professional practice, through:
- promoting engagement of nurses with genetics and genomics;
- sharing expertise and best practice in education, research and care delivery;
- offering practical support for continuing professional development.
3. Demonstrate and promote leadership in the development and implementation of standards of healthcare practice in genetics and genomics for the benefit of patients and families, through:
- leading and influencing public policies;
- articulating standards of practice in nursing professional education and clinical care;
- generating and disseminating evidence for high quality nursing practice;
maintaining an outward-facing approach to collaborative working with other relevant public and professional groups.
ANCC and ISONG announce the first Certification through Portfolio credential for Advanced Genetics Nursing.
Interested in becoming recognized as a provider for CIGNA and other insurers? Apply for your Advanced Genetics Nursing Credential through ANCC. Begin tracking your continuing education (need at least thirty hours in past three years) and other credentialing data through ANCC's e-portfolio process. You can start your e-portfolio at any time, you don't need to wait until you have everything together. This credential is not just for Nurse Practitioners, but for any registered professional nurse with a Masters degree who is involved with genetics with a minimum of 1500 hours practice in the past three years and meets the professional development criteria. View Press Release.
This credential is also available for international applicants and ISONG members may apply for a discounted fee! Please contact Jeanine Santelli at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Congress Brochure is now available and registration is open-
Save your place and register now!
After completing the registration - click on create invoice if you need to pay later.
Clcik here for the 2015 ISONG Congress Brochure.
Thank you to our Congress Sponsors!
Contact Linda Mason to join us as a 2015 Sponsor at: email@example.com.
ISONG offers members opportunities for education, leadership, exchange and socialization. Members receive the latest references on genetics including educational programs and opportunities, e communications, membership directory, program information and a discounted registration fee for the annual ISONG meeting and educational webinars.
Also, ISONG members are eligible to apply for the annual research grant awards.
For Members Only Information including Job Opportunities and Educational Programs click here.
Like Us - Try Us! Experience the Benefits of ISONG Membership
New members can experience the benefits of ISONG full membership for the reduced rate of $100 USD for 12 months (reduced from usual $150). Full members can join by clicking on the Join Now link and entering the code: TRY Us at the bottom of the application form. This offer is available to the first thirty new members.
Membership Directory - gain access to the directory by clicking Membership Directory
Who are the members of ISONG?
Any registered nurse who has an interest in genetics is welcome to become a member of ISONG. Our membership is diverse and reflects the broad needs of those who have genetic problems. Current members are:
- Case managers
- Coordinators of public and private programs
- Educators in the field of nursing and/or genetics
- Genetic counselors
Full - $150.00 (USD)
Full 3-Year - $350.00 (USD)
Student - $100.00 (USD)
Retired - $100.00 (USD)
Retired 3-Year - $250.00 (USD)
Affiliate - $100.00 (USD)
Affiliate 3-Year - $250.00 (USD)