benefits of isong membership for students
Contact Dhaneesha Bahadur, Student Representative to the Board, if you have any questions or need more information about Student Membership in ISONG.
Student Membership Benefits Include:
- Opportunities for continuing education, mentoring, professional development and networking with genetic nursing colleagues from around the world
- Reduce membership fee
- Access to late-breaking genetics research, educational programs, job opportunities, and research grant applications
- Support for students at all levels to engage in genomic topics across disciplines
- Patient education tools, teaching resources, and webinars
- Opportunity to communicate with members through the Forum
- Access to members-only portal: opportunities for collaboration and member directory and profiles
- Reduced registration fee for the annual ISONG World Congress on Nursing and Genomics
- Incredible leadership opportunities including positions on the board of directors and committees and frequent collaborations with global professional, regulatory, policy, and government organizations
- Educational webinars at a reduced rate with continuing education credits, the ease of programming at your convenience, and evidence for appraisals
- Eligibility to apply for ISONG awards and grants
Who are the members of ISONG?
Any individual who has an interest in genetics is welcome to become a member of ISONG. Our membership is diverse and reflects the broad needs of those who have genetic problems.
Current members are:
- Case managers
- Coordinators of public and private programs
- Educators in the field of nursing and/or genetics
- Genetic counselors
- Nursing students
Contact the ISONG Global Membership Committee or Amy Spikula at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
ISONG GLOBAL MISSION
ISONG is a global genetics nursing organization and our mission is to include information and resources on relevant genetic work being conducted worldwide in various countries and geographic areas.
As an ISONG member, you are encouraged to submit articles and any information concerning research being completed in your country. Please submit any articles and research text along with related links to the Global Membership Committee Co-chairs.
Holding membership in a global organization, such as ISONG, enhances the quality and breadth of networking and sharing of genetics research, education, and best practices. Visit the applicable country/regional pages for more information about connecting with ISONG members in your area of interest and explore the types of genetics studies, research, and related groups available to ISONG members.
We invite you to learn more about the ISONG Global Membership Committee and to contact the committee chairs with any questions or ideas you may have.